WHAT IS SCENT MARKETING?
Space scenting and scent marketing are effective tools for attracting customers, extending the brand and reinforcing the attributes of a brand in the mind of the customer. Scent marketing creates a pleasant environment where customers and employees can feel comfortable, energised and inspired. Scenting space is trending upwards in advertising and is becoming increasingly successful as companies begin to realise that our senses play a vital and complex role in shaping mood.
- It attracts customers, encourages them to stay longer and return, improves customer experiences and perceptions.
- Consumers are more eager to buy and willing to pay more in a fragrant environment, so sales increase.
- It leaves a strong imprint on the brain and allows customers to remember your brand.
- You connect with the customer on an emotional level.
- It creates different positive moods.
- Increases staff productivity.
- Builds a high degree of customer loyalty.
- Creates an atmosphere of harmony and relaxation.
- Improves concentration and mental clarity.
- Reduces stress.
The most sensitive of all human senses and the first to develop in the human race even before birth, smell plays an extremely important role in how we perceive and adapt to our environment.
Humans can remember smells with 65% accuracy even after one year, while visual memory works at a 50% level after three months.
Studies have shown that 75% of emotions are triggered by smell related to pleasure, mood and memory. Of the nearly 110,000 types of odours in nature, humans perceive about 10,000 types.
Brand strategies and market positioning are the most challenging elements of a company's marketing strategies, as markets have become increasingly complex and niched, customers have different mixes of needs, and a company's offering needs to be flexible, fresh and accessible in order for that brand to be recognised and appreciated as a true trendsetter.The importance of marketing strategy is increasingly evident in management models for large companies as well as SMEs and sole traders. Choosing a sensory marketing approach is an option worth considering when a company is looking for an emotional factor that will lead to increased sales and enhanced profitability for the whole company.